Pokhara—Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has extended his cabinet, appointing Khagaraj Adhikari as Home Minister on Thursday. Adhikari who hails from Nepal’s Kaski district is known as a vibrant leader in ruling CPN-UML. Two times minister Adhikari is also a former Chief of Whip of his party.
PM Oli inducted six cabinet ministers and 1 state minister from his party and 1 cabinet minister from Janata Samajbadi Party. Following this expansion, the 25-member Council of Ministers has got a full shape. There are a total of 3 deputy PM, 18 ministers, and 3 state ministers in the cabinet.
The list of newly appointed ministers:
- Khagaraj Adhikari: Minister for Home Affairs
- Raj Kishor Yadav: Minister for Industry, Commerce and Supplies
- Nainkala Thapa: Minister for Communications and Information Technology
- Jwala Kumari Sah: Minister for Agriculture and Livestock Development
- Narad Muni Rana: Minister for Forests and Environment
- Ganesh Pahadi: Minister for Federal Affairs and General Administration
- Mohan Baniya: Minister without portfolio
- Aasha BK: Minister of State for Forests and Environment