Pokhara—A Romanian citizen Ebe Chis Jer died in paragliding accident in Pokhara on Sunday. 42-year-old Solo pilot Jer had fallen down into Phewa Lake as he was trying to land near Khapaudi in the shores of that lake at around 11.18 am, informed District Police Office Kaski Spokesperson DSP Rabindraman Gurung.
Jer had taken off from popular tourist hill Sarangkot at around 11 am. He came to Nepal on February 23 with his 9 friends. Local people called police’s control room as Jer suddenly came down to the lake but a group of local boatmen including police rescued him in injured state. Later doctor pronounced him dead as Jer was reached to Metrocity Hospital.
His body has been taken to Pokhara Helath Science Foundation for postmortem. Police have suspected that the incident took place as Jer lost control over his paraglider above the lake. He took flying permit from Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal On February 25 and was reportedly flying under the Blue Sky Paragliding Company. He used to come to Pokhara to fly in previous years too.
Who lost their lives in paragliding accident in Nepal
- Young Min Sam, South Korean, 43 years, Accident 2013 in Pokhara
- Peter, Malaysia, 70 years, 2010, in Pokhara
- Christoph Andreas, Germany, 26 years, 2010 in Pokhara
- Kiddi Askin Alexander, Russian, 38 years in Dhiki Danda Armala Kaski, 2010 February
- A person in Palpa some two decade ago, Name and nationality not recorded
- Premek Hulek, Czech Republic in Kuhun VDC Angeri vir Myagdi 2014 march
- Hwane Yan Gak, 46 years, South Korea dead in Gandaki medical college 2015 January
- Ioan Dragos, Romanian 35, then Puranchar VDC Kaski Feb 4
- Sunil Bhattarai at Phewa Lake in 2072 BS
- Prabhat Subedi, 27 years, in Phewa Lake from Pokhara- 32, 2017
- Michael Peter Plamchapd, 68 years from UK, accident in Sarangkot in 2017
- Sailesh Pahari, 22, met with an accident in Syangja 2016
(Name collected from old news files of Recentfusion.com)