At least 59 killed in Las Vegas shooting

People tend to the wounded outside the festival ground after a mass shooting in Las Vegas, Nevada Getty Images

Las Vegas—At least 59 persons were killed as a gunman opened fire at a country open air music festival on the Las Vegas Strip on Sunday. More than 527 other injured during the rampage. Police have said that the suspect gunman Stephen Paddock killed himself as Police burst into his room of 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino.

It is the deadliest shooting in modern U.S. history. According to Sheriff Joseph Lombardo of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, suspect was a local Las Vegas man who acted alone. However there was another Asian Female who is said to be a companion of the suspect.

International media report that the shooting broke out on the last night of the three-day Route 91 Harvest festival which was attended by thousands and performing top artistes such as Eric Church, Sam Hunt and Jason Aldean. Aldean was performing when the gunfire began at around 10:45 p.m. local time on Sunday.

Cops recovered 23 guns, some with scopes and military-grade ammo, two with tripods, at least one full auto. Other semi-auto weapons had been modified with legal bump-stocks that simulate fully automatic fire. He’d smashed two windows of his corner suite to create a kill box at the Route 91 Harvest music festival below. He also had 19 other guns, as well as explosives and as-yet-undetermined electronic devices, at his home, dailymail reports.

Las Vegas is an internationally popular resort city, known primarily for its gambling, entertainment and shopping. Police has not revealed the motive of suspect behind the mass shooting.

Updated: 2.28 pm on Oct 3.

Published on: October 2, 2017 5:39 pm

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.