Pokhara–The long-awaited and extensively leaked special edition of iPhone X is finally announced on last Tuesday. This new handset has features an edge-to-edge screen with a notch at the top to accommodate the front-facing camera and new Face ID sensors. This phone also boasts wireless charging with no home button.
Apple CEO Tim Cook announced the new device with the following sayings. “Over the past decade, we’ve pushed forward with innovation after innovation, bringing us to this moment, when we can create devices that are far more intelligent, far more capable, and far more creative than ever before.” He also launched Apple iPhone 8 and plus 8. Apple watch and Apple TV also were launched during the event.
The iPhone X has glass on both the front and the back, and it has “surgical-grade” stainless steel roughly the sides. It is water-resistant and comes in two colors: space gray and silver. It also has the highest pixel density (458ppi) display ever in an iPhone, with Apple calling it a Super Retina display. It measures 5.8 inches diagonally and has a resolution of 2436 x 1125.
Face ID is one of the biggest changes in the iPhone since its inception.The iPhone X has dual 12-megapixel rear cameras, and it’s equipped with optical image stabilization on both lenses. The sensors are both larger and faster than previous generations, says Apple, and the main camera has an f/1.8 aperture while the telephoto lens has an f/2.4 aperture. In between the two cameras is a quad-LED True Tone flash that is claimed to provide scene illumination that is twice as uniform as previously. The new phone also offers 4K video recording and stereo speakers for better audio playback.
There is a notable delay. While the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus will go on sale this month, the iPhone X won’t be available for pre-order until October 27. It is expected to begin shipping by November 3.
iPhone X specs highlights:
• 5.8-inch OLED display with 458ppi pixel density
• 2,436×1,135-pixel resolution (Apple calls this a Super Retina display)
• Dual 12-megapixel rear cameras with OIS on both cameras
• Portrait mode with portrait lighting feature
• Front-facing 7-megapixel camera has portrait mode now, too
• No home button
• Face ID to unlock the phone (hold your phone up to your face)
• A11 Bionic processor
• Glass back and front
• Supports wireless charging
• 64GB and 256GB options
• Water- and dust-resistant
• Animojis make emojis out of you
• iOS 11 software with Siri improvements
• Black and space gray (no gold)